Tuesday, September 8, 2015

BORN AGAIN

  From the workshop of beecee design... These cruisers are what we have been up to in recent weeks. These boards were once used skateboard decks sitting in the closet of the garage. I decided to give them a new life, or to be BORN AGAIN if you will.

  So I took a drawing of Jay Adams I had done a while back, scanned it and then vectorized it for the making of a cut vinyl stencil. Recently I had come across some Pizza grip tape, and that had inspired this Pizza Box-esque design. I added the other elements to the illustration in my design program.


  I employed the use of a plotter to cut the stencil I needed for the shape to cut on the band saw, and also for the graphic stencil. Once board has been cut and sanded, I can then apply stencil for paint.

Powell Mini Logo


Element Natas Kaupas
 























Weeding the stencil is required to allow the paint to cover the parts where paint is needed for outline of graphic.
This is now painted with black for the outline. After outline is done and dry, the stenciling around letters is removed for the green and red paint.


        The boards were field tested on the streets of Vista CA. and the boardwalk at Oceanside CA.

















No comments:

Post a Comment